Senior Back End Developer
RemoteBirkirkara, Birkirkara, MaltaMoneybase
Moneybase is a multi-award-winning finance platform that allows individuals and businesses to easily manage all their financial needs, from daily payments to and investments to treasury and wealth management we have got you covered.
Moneybase forms part of Calamatta Cuschieri Finance Group, a leading diversified financial services group that founded the Maltese financial services industry in 1971. We currently employ 200 people spread across 3 core business lines namely Fintech, Investment services and Fund administration.
CC Finance Group is considered to be an innovator in the areas it operates in. We believe in challenging the status quo and we aim for service excellence in everything we do.
The Senior Back End Developer will form part of a team of 50 experienced IT professionals. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. The role is focused on fintech innovation and involves the development of our wealth management software suite and core banking systems as well as our client facing platforms.
The role is available in Malta and also remotely, we also offer relocation packages.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain our code base in relation to proper technologies (.net core, c#)
- Develop and maintain core libraries relating to proper technologies (.net core, c#)
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to raising the quality of our product
- Research new technologies in accordance to work
- Assist in standardization across the whole company
- Ensure applications meet quality standards
- Documentation of any work
- Collaborate with other teams to define, design, and deploy new features
- Troubleshoot and liaise with other departments to solve production issues
- Other tasks which may be assigned by the management
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members
Experience & Education Requirements:
- At least 3 years experience in software development in .NET
- Experience in a banking/financial services company would be ideal but not a must
- Experience with IOC / DI, patterns ideally using Autofac
- Experience building distributed applications using microservices
- Experience with ORM systems such as Entity Framework 6
- Experience with message brokers such as Kafka, or RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of NOSQL databases such as Couchbase, MongoDB
- Familiar with CQRS Pattern
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, ideally using Azure DevOps
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a group
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
What we offer:
- Health Insurance and fitness allowances
- Study Leave
- Fully paid sponsorships schemes for further studies
- Exposure to the very latest technologies
Opportunities for career growth
- Variable bonus linked to KPI
Visit our home page to see more about our company
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality