Birkirkara, Birkirkara, MaltaFinance
CC Finance Group is a leading diversified financial services group that was founded in the Maltese financial services industry in 1971. We currently employ 200 people spread across 3 core business lines namely Investment Services, Payment Services, and Fund administration services. CC Finance Group is considered to be a Fintech and an innovator in the B2C areas it operates. We believe in challenging the status quo and we aim for service excellence in everything we do.
The selected person is expected to be detail-oriented, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, the junior accountant should be a critical thinker and have a solid understanding of account and financial reporting principles and practices. The person should also have outstanding report writing skills with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and procedures, and federal and state regulations.
- Coordinate payment runs and prepare them for appropriate authorization and signature.
- Manage and reconcile bank accounts with attention to detail.
- Assist in financial audits, and general ledger preparation.
- Assist in the monthly management accounts preparation.
- Process invoices and receipts from customers, promptly and accurately.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from senior management with accuracy and professionalism.
Experience & Education Requirements
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in the accounting function, preferably in the Financial services industry
- Be partly ACCA qualified or similar
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of their work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Be highly organised, proactive, and able to work on your own initiative
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment
- Present a friendly, outgoing and positive attitude
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
What we offer:
Ongoing internal training
External training opportunities
Sponsorship schemes for further studies
Opportunities for career growth
Free health insurance
Employee referral incentive
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality