Senior Risk Officer
Calamatta Cuschieri Finance Group is a leading diversified financial services Group that founded the Maltese financial services industry in 1971. We currently employ 200 people spread across 3 core business lines namely Investment services, Payment services and Fund administration services. CC Finance Group is considered to be a Fintech and an innovator in the B2C areas it operates in. We believe in challenging the status quo and we aim for service excellence in everything we do.
The Group is also licensed in Luxembourg and will soon have a presence in Netherlands. Having positioned ourselves firmly in Malta, we are focused on international expansion with a number of projects that are steps away being launched.
The Senior Risk Officer together with other members of the Risk Team will provide hands-on development of risk monitoring tools and risk treatments involving market, credit, and operational risk, assure controls are operating effectively, and provide research and analytical support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the implementation of the Company’s risk management initiatives by effectively monitoring and identifying risks, implementing risk mitigation strategies, developing, and translating strategies into projects and processes to ensure adherence to desired business outcomes and department standards
- Collaborate with the Risk team and other departments as needed to ensure adherence to the Company’s Risk Monitoring Programme (RMP); pro-actively identify and highlight possible changes needed in order to ensure that the RMP captures all business risk areas at all times
- Analyze the risk profile of client and proprietary open positions across multiple assets classes and implement processes to optimise exposures levels at all times.
- Driving innovation in the risk management processes by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Analyze and identify on ongoing basis opportunities for better risk management and propose changes to existing controls or/and new risk treatments as deemed
- Ensuring compliance with the UCITS investment restrictions and assessing the relevant risks on an ongoing basis
- Draft (independently or in collaboration with risk team as needed from time to time) regular reports to the Risk & Audit Committee and Board of Directors of the Company
- Assist with regular training among staff with respect to all risk aspects, including the use of operational risk tools and processes
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and industry best practices in the field of risk management
Experience & Education Requirements
- In possession of, or working towards, a professional qualification in Risk Management or CFA Certificate
- Previous experience in Financial Analysis or Risk Analysis within investments, financial services, or payments
- 5 years’ experience within the financial services sector
- Experience in monitoring UCITS
- Highly computer literate with a very strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Possess a high moral character and professional integrity
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly accurate
- A self-starter that enjoys a team-oriented approach
- Ability to understand broader business issues
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
What we offer:
- Ongoing internal training
- External training opportunities
- Study Leave
- Sponsorship schemes for further studies
- Opportunities for career growth
- Variable bonus linked to KPI
- Gym subsidy
Visit our home page to see more about our company
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”