Senior Risk Officer
Calamatta Cuschieri is Malta’s largest independent financial services Group that pioneered the local financial services industry as early as 1972. Today the company’s perspective is global, CC Group has diversified across a full range of financial services and the group operates dedicated Fintech and marketing companies.
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
To support ongoing growth within the organization we are now looking for a Senior Risk Officer to join the Risk Team
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the implementation of the Company’s risk management initiatives by effectively monitoring and identifying risks, implementing risk mitigation strategies, developing, and translating strategies into projects and processes to ensure adherence to desired business outcomes and department standards
- Collaborate with the Risk team and other departments as needed to ensure adherence to the Company’s Risk Monitoring Programme (RMP); pro-actively identify and highlight possible changes needed in order to ensure that the RMP captures all business risk areas at all times
- Analyze the risk profile of client and proprietary open positions across multiple assets classes and implementing processes to optimise exposures levels at all times.
- Driving innovation in the risk management processes by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Analyze and identify on an ongoing basis opportunities for better risk management and propose changes to existing controls or/and new risk treatments as deemed
- Ensuring compliance with the UCITS investment restrictions and assessing the relevant risks on an ongoing basis
- Draft (independently or in collaboration with risk team as needed from time to time) regular reports to the Risk & Audit Committee and Board of Directors of the Company
- Assist with regular training among staff with respect to all risk aspects, including the use of operational risk tools and processes
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and industry best practices in the field of risk management
Experience & Education Requirements
- In possession of, or working towards, a professional qualification in Risk Management
- Previous experience in a risk management role
- Preferably PQ’d by the MFSA in a risk role
- 5 years’ experience within the financial services sector
- Highly computer literate with a very strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Possess a high morale character and professional integrity
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly accurate
- A self-starter that enjoys a team oriented approach
- Ability to understand broader business issues
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well being.
We are offering a competitive salary for this role commensurate with experience. The role also includes Health Insurance & Gym allowance benefits amongst others. Visit the home page to see more about our company
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”