CC Finance Group is a leading diversified financial services group that founded the Maltese financial services industry in 1971. We currently employ 200 people spread across 3 core business lines namely Investment services, Payment Services, and Fund administration services. CC Finance Group is considered to be a Fintech and an innovator in the B2C areas it operates. We believe in challenging the status quo and we aim for service excellence in everything we do.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs
- Prepare and review monthly management accounts.
- Prepare and review annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with IFRS, as required.
- Compile and advise on monthly, quarterly, and annual regulatory reports.
- Contribute to strong regulatory reporting relationships through interactions with internal parties, clients, regulators, and audit firm personnel.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of accounting policies, systems and processes, and procedures, and the respective monitoring and reporting of their correct application.
- Document policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets
- Assisting with annual audit preparations
- Investing and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance
- Keeping well-informed of the regulatory changes and impact they might have on the Company.
- Be the point of contact with auditors during the annual audit process and the Regulatory Bodies.
- Assist in other specific assignments and projects as assigned and other general accounting duties.
Experience & Education Requirements
- 4+ years of progressively responsible experience in the accounting function, preferably in the financial services industry
- Be in possession of an Accounting qualification, ACCA qualification, or similar
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both the general ledger and statutory accounting.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with a high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Be highly organized, proactive, and able to work on own initiative
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
What we offer:
Ongoing internal training
External training opportunities
Sponsorship schemes for further studies
Opportunities for career growth
Free health insurance
Employee referral incentive
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”