Calamatta Cuschieri is Malta’s largest independent financial services Group that pioneered the local financial services industry as early as 1972. Today the company’s perspective is global, CC Group has diversified across a full range of financial services and the group operates dedicated Fintech and marketing companies.
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their wellbeing.
Currently looking for a Senior Accountant . He/She will be part of CC group finance team and will be responsible for preparation and review of annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP or IFRS.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP or IFRS, as required.
- Compile and advise on monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory reports.
- Contribute to strong regulatory reporting relationships through interactions with internal parties, client, regulators and audit firm personnel.
- Confirm with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of accounting policies, systems, processes and procedures, and the respective monitoring and reporting of their correct application.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Prepare and review monthly management accounts.
- Keeping well-informed of the regulatory changes and impact they might have on the Company.
- Be the point of contact with auditors during the annual audit process and the Regulatory Bodies.
- Assist in other specific assignments and projects as assigned and other general accounting duties.
Experience & Education Requirements
- Five to eight years of progressively responsible experience in the accounting function, preferably in the Financial services industry
- Be in possession of Accounting qualification, ACCA qualification or similar
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Be highly organised, proactive, and able to work on own initiative
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment
- Present a friendly, outgoing and positive attitude
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well being.
We are offering a competitive salary for this role commensurate with experience. The role also includes Health Insurance & Gym allowance benefits amongst others. Visit the home page to see more about our company
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”