Birkirkara, Birkirkara, MaltaMoneybase
Moneybase is a multi-award-winning finance platform that allows individuals and businesses to easily manage all their financial needs, from daily payments to and investments to treasury and wealth management we have got you covered.
Moneybase forms part of Calamatta Cuschieri Finance Group, a leading diversified financial services group that founded the Maltese financial services industry in 1971. We currently employ 200 people spread across 3 core business lines namely Fintech, Investment services and Fund administration.
CC Finance Group is considered to be an innovator in the areas it operates in. We believe in challenging the status quo and we aim for service excellence in everything we do.
The role of Fraud Analyst, is a crucial role in safeguarding the financial integrity of the organisation by identifying and preventing fraudulent activities. One will be responsible for analysing various data sources, investigating suspicious transactions, and implementing strategies to mitigate fraud risks. One must provide insights and actions that will help protect the company's assets and maintain trust with our customers and stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and review financial transactions and activities for signs of fraud, including payment irregularities, account discrepancies, and unusual patterns.
- Utilise data analysis tools and techniques to identify potential fraudulent behavior.
- Conduct in-depth investigations into suspicious transactions and document findings.
- Assess and categorize fraud risks by analysing trends, identifying vulnerabilities, and evaluating potential impact.
- Develop and implement fraud prevention measures, policies, and procedures to enhance security and reduce fraud occurrences.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging fraud trends to proactively adapt fraud prevention strategies.
- Prepare and maintain detailed reports on fraud incidents, investigations, and outcomes.
- Provide regular updates to management and stakeholders regarding fraud-related activities and trends.
- Collaborate with internal teams such as customer service, compliance, AML and IT to strengthen fraud prevention efforts and develop strategies and controls to mitigate fraud risks.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and laws related to fraud prevention and reporting.
- Assist in legal actions against fraudsters when necessary.
- Provide fraud awareness training to employees to enhance their understanding of fraud risks and prevention measures.
Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as finance or business.
- 3+ years’ experience in fraud detection and prevention, preferably in a financial institution or a related industry.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with Microsoft Excel and Power BI.
- Knowledge of fraud detection systems and software is an advantage.
- Familiarity with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to think critically and make sound decisions.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ethical and trustworthy, as the role requires handling sensitive and confidential information.
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
What we offer:
- Health Insurance and fitness allowances
- Study Leave
- Fully paid sponsorships schemes for further studies
- Exposure to the very latest technologies
Opportunities for career growth
- Variable bonus linked to KPI
Visit our home page to see more about our company
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”