Lead Android Developer
Birkirkara, Birkirkara, MaltaMoneybase
Moneybase is a multi-award-winning finance platform that allows individuals and businesses to easily manage all their financial needs, from daily payments, investments, to treasury and wealth management we have got you covered.
Moneybase forms part of Calamatta Cuschieri Finance Group, a leading diversified financial services group that founded the Maltese financial services industry in 1971. We currently employ 200 people spread across 3 core business lines namely Fintech, Investment services and Fund administration.
CC Finance Group is considered to be an innovator in the areas it operates in. We believe in challenging the status quo and we aim for service excellence in everything we do.
In this position, one will be responsible for leading the development of the company’s new Android applications. The primary focus will be to design the architecture of the applications as well as to be the driving force behind their development. One will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and build our core applications for the Android platform
- Create compelling device-specific user interfaces and experiences
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Ensure adherence to the highest code quality & organization
- Carry out code reviews of other Android developers
- Optimizing performance for the apps, keeping up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies.
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Proficient with Kotlin
- 5+ years of Android development
- Experience with Android frameworks such as: LiveData, Coroutines, Flows, Composables, Retrofit
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Proficient with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other Android technologies and UI/UX standards
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Proficient with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and processes (such as Git)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Up to date with the latest trends, techniques, and technologies
- Understanding of Android’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience in common mobile architectural patterns such as MVVM using clean architecture.
- Possess problem-solving skills, an investigative mentality and a proactive nature
- Strong team orientation and collaborative nature.
- Show leadership skills by communicating effectively and persuasively
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
What we offer:
- Relocation Package and Tax Benefits
- Health Insurance and fitness allowances
- Study Leave
- Fully paid sponsorship schemes for further studies
- Exposure to the very latest technologies
- Opportunities for career growth
- Variable bonus linked to KPI
Visit www.moneybase.com or www.cc.com.mt to see more about our company
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality