Head of Risk
Calamatta Cuschieri is Malta’s largest independent financial services Group that pioneered the local financial services industry as early as 1972. Today the company’s perspective is global, CC Group has diversified across a full range of financial services and the group operates dedicated Fintech and marketing companies.
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their wellbeing.
Head of Risk will be responsible for managing the risk within the organization. This consists in identifying, analysing, monitoring, and reporting business, financial and operational risks.
- Maintaining the Company’s risk management policies and procedures
- Implementing the Company’s Risk Management Programme
- Monitoring client and proprietary open positions across multiple assets classes and implementing processes to optimize exposure levels at all times
- Monitoring compliance with the UCITS investment restrictions and assessing the relevant risks on an ongoing basis
- Managing the Company’s risk management initiatives by effectively monitoring and identifying risks, implementing risk mitigation strategies, developing and translating strategies into projects and processes to ensure adherence to desired business outcomes and department standards
- Developing the risk management department in line with the needs of the Company.
- Preparing and delivering regular reports to the Risk and Audit Committee and Board of Directors of the Company
- Preparing and submitting regular reports to the regulatory authorities (including MFSA) as may be required from time to time
- Driving innovation of risk management processes by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Providing regular training among staff with respect to all risk aspects, including the use of operational risk tools and processes as may be required
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and industry best practices in the field of risk management
Knowledge, Experience & Education Requirements
- University degree: Master’s in Finance; postgraduate diploma (e.g. FRM).
- At least five years’ experience in a similar role, with previous working experience in trading or credit activities.
- Experience implementing and embedding operational risk frameworks
- Strong knowledge of operational resilience
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Possess a high morale character and professional integrity
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly accurate
- Strong aptitude for solution-driven approaches and good communication skills (oral and written) and a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to understand broader business issues
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well being.
We are offering a competitive salary for this role commensurate with experience. The role also includes Health Insurance & Gym allowance benefits amongst others. Visit the home page to see more about our company
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”