Head of Finance
The CC Group is looking for a Head of Finance to lead the Finance team and oversee all its activities. This exciting career opportunity is a new position that has arisen due to growth as the Group continues on its route towards Internationalisation.
With a number of new projects in the pipeline as well as an increased drive towards technology there is plenty of opportunity for the selected candidate grow within the Group. The selected candidate will report directly to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Leading and managing the Finance Team, ensuring that the team is adhering to deadlines amongst others
- Providing training and on-going development, ensuring adherence to procedures
- Overseeing and assisting with the production of the monthly management accounts and reporting.
- Coordinate with Auditors on audits and other engagements
- Leading the Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) - schedules meetings, presenting documentation, following-up on action items)
- Managing the Group Liquidity / short term positions
- Overall responsibility for statutory reporting and understanding of the RMICAAP, ILAAP and BRRD process
- Provide financial management and support to the business, achieving financial goals and objectives
- Managing the departmental budgets and forecasts process, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner and the ongoing process
- Overseeing completion of the quarterly VAT returns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Partnering with various business teams in maximizing profits, improving decision-making, and ultimately driving financial transparency across the business
- Establish and maintain a robust controls environment providing mitigation and minimization of risks of fraud and error in the books
- Establish, maintain and review a suitable system of recording and monitoring internal and external audit recommendations relating to the workings of the finance dept.
- Previous experience leading a team is required
- At least three years experience in a senior accounting function.
- Be in possession of Accounting qualification, ACCA qualification or similar
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Advanced experience with MS Excel (knowledge with POWER BI or similar considered an asset)
- Advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting
- Knowledge and understanding of ICAAP, ILAAP and BRRD processes will be considered an asset
- Able to effectively multitask effectively in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and modelling skills, and must be both commercially astute and a confident communicator
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new complex or more difficult tasks
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company
- Proven ability to review and challenge assumptions within detailed financial forecasts
We are offering a competitive salary for this role. The role also includes Parking, Health Insurance & Gym allowance benefits.
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”