Group Chief Financial Officer
Calamatta Cuschieri Group is a leading diversified financial services group based in Malta established in 1972 and today comprises a group of 8 subsidiaries. We are Malta’s largest independent financial services operation and employ over 160 people.
Having positioned ourselves firmly in Malta, we are now focused on international expansion with a number of projects in the works. As a result we are seeking a high calibre individual who will be positioned at the helm of the Group's finances and who will play a driving role in scaling internationally and form part of the Group's top management team.
Below is a summary of the job description. As a Group Chief Financial Officer you will:
- Form part of the Group’s Executive Committee and other relevant managerial committees
- Be responsible for managing the Group’s current funding requirements and provide recommendations on funding vehicles that can aid international expansion. Negotiate with VC's, potential investors and strategic Partners.
- Take a leading role in mergers and acquisition negotiations as they become available
- Present Group results to shareholders and bondholders
- Create a medium-term IPO plan and drive the company towards it
- Work closely with the CEO’s on international scale projects including high level decisions on pricing models, budgeting and forecasting
- Manage the obligations of the Financial Institution which also forms part of the group
- Perform regular in-depth analysis on key areas of the Group financials providing insight and recommendations based on outcomes
- Be responsible for leading the finance and treasury departments,
- Provide heads with high level goals and fostering a culture of reporting to deadlines
- Ensure that finance operations are running efficiently and adhering to best practices and procedures.Taking initiatives in this area to improve the operations, internal controls and processes as needed.
- Propose & manage share option schemes and other incentives
We are seeking an individual with the following credentials:
- Experience holding the position of CFO / Finance Director with a Financial Institution
- ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- Strong presentation skills and experience presenting financials both within and outside of the organisation. (E.g. Shareholders, Regulators, Auditors, Partners, Potential Investors)
- Very strong analytical skills
- A strong driver towards achieving Group goals
- A Team leader who aspires to excellence and who motivates and drives others to perform
- Experience with strategic thinking at C-Level.
- Experience with Treasury operations
The following will be favourably considered
- Experience with driving a company towards IPO
- Experience with funding vehicles and expansion strategies
- Experience with scaling companies for international growth
- Experience with lending operations
- Experience with merger and acquisitions
We value and reward the contribution of every individual and are offering an attractive remuneration package that is commensurate with candidate experience.
The package will include an attractive basic salary, life insurance, any relocation expenses and a
performance bonus that is directly linked to Group performance.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence and will be accessed directly and solely by the Group CEOs who can also be contacted on [email protected]