CC Finance Group is a leading diversified financial services group that was founded in the Maltese financial services industry in 1971. We currently employ 200 people spread across 3 core business lines namely Investment Services, Payment Services, and Fund administration services. CC Finance Group is considered to be a Fintech and an innovator in the B2C areas it operates. We believe in challenging the status quo and we aim for service excellence in everything we do.
The Finance Manager oversees all activities of the Finance department and reports directly to the Chief Finance Officer. He/she provides financial management and support to the business, advancing overall financial goals and objectives. He/ She partners with various business teams in maximizing profits, improving decision-making, and ultimately driving financial transparency across the
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for running the finance department and ensuring its efficient operation. Lead and Manage the Finance Team. Ensure that the finance team are informed of their roles, responsibilities and expectations and provide them with appropriate, timely and accurate information, training and ongoing development.
- To oversee the production of the monthly management accounts and reporting assisting the team wherever required to ensure timely and accurate accounts. Overseeing End of month procedures to ensure a timely and error-free result. Liaising with IT for any issues from exports, ensuring timely resolution to any tickets raised.
- Overseeing the FX revenues and imports to the accounting package to ensure accurateness and completeness
- Overseeing all regulatory reporting for the group including BR06 and/ or QI Reporting and ensuring high competency in these critical areas and strict adherence to deadlines.
- To oversee the preparation of Financial Statements for Calamatta Cuschieri and its trading subsidiaries, liaising with auditors as required in a timely manner to ensure audits are on time.
- Manages and oversees the Group Liquidity/ short term position
- Assist CFO with budgetary procures
- Manages the ALCO (schedules meetings, prepares documentation, records minutes and follow-up on action items)
- Overall responsibility for statutory reporting and understanding of the ICAAP, ILAAP and BRRD process
- To work with the Senior Management team to manage financial elements of supplier contracts and present business performance to all internal and external stakeholders
- To oversee the completion of the quarterly VAT returns in a timely and appropriate manner
- To manage the preparation of the departmental budgets and forecasts, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner
- To be responsible for financial due diligence procedures in respect of proposed commercial partners and provide ongoing financial reporting
- Establish and maintain a robust controls environment providing mitigation and minimization of risks of fraud and error in the books
- Establish, maintain and review a suitable system of recording and monitoring internal and external audit recommendations relating to the workings of the finance dept
- Presenting financials to respective boards
- Leading projects such as accounting packages software upgrades
- Any other duties and/or projects as required
Experience & Education Requirements
- 4+ years of progressively responsible experience in the accounting function, preferably in the Banking industry
- Be in possession of an Accounting qualification, ACCA qualification or similar
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both the general ledger and statutory accounting.
- Good knowledge and understanding of ICAAP, ILAAP and BRRD processes.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and modelling skills, and must be both commercially astute and a confident communicator.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with a high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product.
- The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
- Be highly organised, proactive, and able to work on your own initiative.
- Proven ability to review and challenge assumptions within detailed financial forecasts.
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
What we offer:
Ongoing internal training
External training opportunities
Sponsorship schemes for further studies
Opportunities for career growth
Free health insurance
Employee referral incentive
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”