Calamatta Cuschieri is Malta’s largest independent financial services Group that pioneered the local financial services industry as early as 1972. Today the company’s perspective is global, CC Group has diversified across a full range of financial services and the group operates dedicated Fin-tech and marketing companies.
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well being.
Currently looking for a Finance Executive who will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the finance department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handling of day to day accounting and book keeping
- Taking control of the day to day dealing of queries from other departments within the company
- Overseeing daily duties performed by the Accounts clerk/ officer
- Overseeing updating and maintaining accounting journals, ledger and other records.
- Assisting with Quarterly and Annual Regulatory Reporting
- Assisting with VAT and Tax Reporting
- Assisting in any other ad-hoc reporting as it may be required
- Assisting in the annual statutory audit
- Other general accounting and administrative duties related to the smooth running of the finance team as required
Experience & Education Requirements
- Minimum two years previous experience working in a finance department
- Studying for ACCA, AAT or equivalent
- Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Be highly organised, proactive, and able to work on own initiative
- Be proficient in the latest Microsoft Office applications particularly Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills to act as an intermediary between the different departments & finance
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment
- Present a friendly, outgoing and positive attitude
- Be detail oriented, have the ability to meet tight deadlines and be a team player.
We are offering a competitive salary for this role commensurate with experience. The role also includes Health Insurance & Gym allowance benefits amongst others.
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”