Working within Fund Services the selected individual will be responsible for:
· Ensuring all relevant companies, are in compliance with all current laws and regulations. Taking cognisance of new legislation and laws, directives and regulations.
· Representing all relevant companies, on compliance matters, as well as communicating directly with the Regulator and FIAU as required.
· Acting as MLRO of associated companies.
· Ensuring that all AML and KYC requirements and procedures are followed appropriately.
· Managing transaction monitoring for fraud and AML issues where relevant.
· Supporting various regulatory and statutory audits.
· Implementing and monitoring risk management policies and procedures.
· Monitoring and reporting risks and compliance gaps in relation to internal and external regulations.
· Identifying and addressing conflicts of interest.
· Ensuring segregation of customer funds and capital requirements
· Maintaining a compliance calendar, and ensuring legal and regulatory returns are submitted when due.
· Publishing written guidelines to staff and service providers on the appropriate implementation of the laws, regulations, rules and standards through policies and procedures.
· Completing Company Secretary functions as required.
Legal/Accounts and/or a bachelor of commerce degree and/or Diploma in AML and Compliance.
A good understanding of Maltese company law and the role of a company secretary.
Possess working knowledge of regulatory bodies such as MFSA and FIAU
Preferably already holds a similar position, having been PQ'd by the MFSA
Excellent written and spoken English and Maltese