Compliance Manager - Moneybase
Moneybase is a powerful platform for all things finance, offering sending and receiving SEPA payments, instant payments, physical and virtual cards, as well as access to over 20,000 investments all under the same ecosystem. Our customers also save when spending across the globe thanks to our competitive currency rates.
Our vision for Moneybase started over a decade ago with CCTrader. We wanted to create a platform that made investing online easy and cost-effective, whilst providing a wide choice of investments across all devices. Since then, CCTrader has won awards, becoming a market leader and a household name.
We have extended this vision with Moneybase, a digital payments app that offers a one-stop solution for all things finance and which provides ISO certified customer service, 7 days a week by phone and live chat. CCTrader has evolved into Moneybase Invest, forming part of the Moneybase ecosystem, yet honoring its legacy of providing a wide choice of investments at a low price via a user-friendly and feature-rich platform.
Currently looking for a Compliance Officer to join our Team at Moneybase.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the Company complies with all applicable licensing conditions emanating from local laws as well as applicable EU Directives, Regulatory and Implementing Technical Standards, Guidelines and Q&As
- Drafting, reviewing, and maintaining all applicable policies and procedures on an ongoing basis
- Drafting, reviewing, and executing the Compliance Monitoring Programme of Moneybase on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring that all regulatory reporting obligations to which the Company is subject are submitted correctly and in a timely manner
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, CEO, and applicable Board Committee/s on a regular basis
- Conducting thematic reviews, assessments, and investigations in accordance with regulatory and internal/external requirements
- Working cross-functionally (internally and externally) with ease
- Ensuring all business functions comply with applicable regulatory and compliance obligations
- The principal point of contact for applicable competent authorities
- Handling Complaints in accordance with the Complaints Handling Policy, undertaking oversight and making representations about the Company
- Remain abreast with new regulations and circulars and engage in continuous learning and development regarding changes in rules and regulations that would require to be implemented
- Ensuring that the Company is compliant with GDPR and record-keeping obligations
- Approved by the MFSA (Malta Financial Services Authority) as Compliance Officer.
Experience & Education Requirements
- In possession of a higher degree from a recognized educational body in Law and/or Finance/Banking
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a management role in a regulated financial services entity or with the local regulatory body
- Experience in dealing with regulatory bodies on all compliance matters.
- Prior experience working in a Fintech environment will be considered an asset
- PQ'd by MFSA
- Written and oral skills in English
- Pro-active person with a can-do and decisive approach
- Ability to take ownership of tasks on an individual and team basis, as applicable.
- Good team player able to establish effective relationships
- Possess a high morale character and professional integrity
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
What we offer:
- Ongoing internal training
- External training opportunities
- Study Leave
- Sponsorship schemes for further studies
- Opportunities for career growth
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Employee referral incentive
We are offering a competitive salary for this role commensurate with experience. Visit the home page to see more about our company
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”