Compliance Manager - Investments
CC Finance Group is a leading diversified financial services group that founded the Maltese financial services industry in 1971. We currently employ 200 people spread across 3 core business lines namely Investment Services, Payment Services, and Fund administration services. CC Finance Group is considered to be a Fintech and an innovator in the B2C areas it operates. We believe in challenging the status quo and we aim for service excellence in everything we do.
The Compliance Officer will be expected to provide regulatory leadership and support to the different teams within the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the Company complies with all applicable licensing conditions emanating from local laws as well as applicable EU Directives, Regulatory and Implementing Technical Standards, Guidelines and Q&As in the area of investment services, fund management and pensions
- Drafting, reviewing, and maintaining all applicable policies and procedures on an ongoing basis
- Drafting, reviewing, and executing the Compliance Monitoring Programme on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring that all regulatory reporting obligations to which the Company is subject are submitted correctly and in a timely manner
- Reporting to the Board of Directors and applicable Board Committee/s on a regular basis
- Conducting thematic reviews, assessments, and investigations in accordance with regulatory and internal/external requirements
- Working cross-functionally (internally and externally) with ease
- Ensuring all business functions comply with applicable regulatory and compliance obligations
- The principal point of contact for applicable competent authorities
- Handling Complaints in accordance with the Complaints Handling Policy, undertaking oversight and making representations about the Company
- Remain abreast with new regulations and circulars and engage in continuous learning and development regarding changes in rules and regulations that would require to be implemented
- Ensuring that the Company is compliant with GDPR and record-keeping obligations
- Approved by the MFSA (Malta Financial Services Authority) as Compliance Officer.
Experience & Education Requirements
- In possession of a higher degree from a recognized educational body in Law and/or Finance/Banking
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a management role in a regulated financial services entity or with the local regulatory body in the area of investment services, fund management and/or pensions
- Experience in dealing with regulatory bodies on compliance matters
- PQ'd by MFSA
- Written and oral skills in English
- Pro-active person with a can-do and decisive approach
- Ability to take ownership of tasks on an individual and team basis, as applicable.
- Good team player able to establish effective relationships
- Possess a high morale character and professional integrity
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
What we offer:
- Ongoing internal training
- External training opportunities
- Study Leave
- Sponsorship schemes for further studies
- Opportunities for career growth
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Employee referral incentive
We are offering a competitive salary for this role commensurate with experience. Visit the home page to see more about our company
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”