Birkirkara, Birkirkara, MaltaAML
Moneybase is a multi-award-winning finance platform that allows individuals and businesses to easily manage all their financial needs, from daily payments to and investments to treasury and wealth management we have got you covered.
Moneybase forms part of Calamatta Cuschieri Finance Group, a leading diversified financial services group that founded the Maltese financial services industry in 1971. We currently employ 200 people spread across 3 core business lines namely Fintech, Investment services and Fund administration.
CC Finance Group is considered to be an innovator in the areas it operates in. We believe in challenging the status quo and we aim for service excellence in everything we do.
The AML Manager is responsible to lead, in conjunction with the Head of AML, the AML function within the CC group and ensure compliance with AML Regulatory requirements, industry trends and monitor team KPIs as well as system performance and reviews of day to day tasks in line with KPIs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head of AML with the general day-to-day duties and the managing of the AML Department by monitoring daily tasks such as onboarding in line with Customer Acceptance Policy and Transaction Monitoring duties including Fraud monitoring such as card loading and spent as performed by the team.
- Monitor and review financial transactions and activities for signs of fraud, including payment irregularities, account discrepancies, and unusual patterns.
- Knowledge of legal entities and identification of UBO (including Complex structures).
- Coach the team in the line of their duties and assist with regular training (second and first line).
- Liaise with external enforcement agencies and counterparties as necessary.
- Submit Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs) as required.
- Ensure AML reporting and KPIs tracking and ensure the Company remains within risk appetite.
- Maintain knowledge of all AML regulations, Fraud trends and best practices that may enhance operations and system rules.
- Support in adapting and improving AML processes and systems.
- Assisting with policies and procedures ensuring all regulatory requirements are met and policies are regularly updated.
Knowledge, Experience & Education Requirements:
- The ideal candidate should demonstrate a thorough understanding of AML/CFT and fraud rules with regards to financial institutions/ investment services.
- Tertiary degree in finance/legal studies and/or a postgraduate qualification in AML/ Fraud or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a management role in a regulated financial services entity or with the local regulatory body
- Preference will be given to qualified candidates with industry experience
- Excellent written and oral skills in English.
- Hands-on approach.
- Able to analyze situations of AML, fraud and business risk, and implement solutions to address and mitigate such risks.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with Microsoft Excel and also preferably Power BI with knowledge of AML and fraud systems.
- Possesses a high professional integrity and understands clear reporting lines and escalation processes.
- Meticulous attention to detail and high accuracy while handling sensitive and strictly confidential data.
- Possesses excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills in order to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Familiarity and knowledge of relevant legal, regulatory and industry standards.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to think critically and make sound and rational decisions.
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
What we offer:
- Health Insurance and fitness allowances
- Study Leave
- Fully paid sponsorship schemes for further studies
- Exposure to the very latest technologies
Opportunities for career growth
- Variable bonus linked to KPI
Visit our home page to see more about our company
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality