Calamatta Cuschieri Finance Group is a leading diversified financial services group that founded the Maltese financial services industry in 1971. We currently employ 200 people spread across 3 core business lines namely Investment services, Payment Services, and Fund administration services. The Group is considered to be a Fintech and an innovator in the B2C areas it operates. We believe in challenging the status quo and we aim for service excellence in everything we do.
The AML Manager is responsible to lead, in conjunction with the Head of AML, the AML function within the Investments and Payment Services divisions and ensure compliance with our licensing objectives, dealing with internal and external requests, whilst working closely with all members of the AML team in relation to general compliance-related matters, customer due diligence, and any other matters arising.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head AML & CFT with the day-to-day duties
- Manage the AML & CFT Department, taking the necessary decisions
- Assist with the development and implementation of Policies and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures whenever necessary
- Coach the team in the line of their duties and assist with staff regulatory training on an ongoing basis including vetting client profiles ensuring compliance with AML/CFT regulatory requirements and CC standards are met.
- Prepare and conduct AML/CFT training
- AML Controls, Reporting and KPIs
- Liaise with external enforcement agencies as necessary
- Submit Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) or Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs)
- Ongoing periodic reviews and Transaction Monitoring
- Support in adapting and improving AML processes to adhere to all regulatory requirements
- Act as an escalation point for any AML & CFT queries
Knowledge, Experience & Education Requirements
- Holds experience in leading Teams
- The ideal candidate should demonstrate a thorough understanding of AML/CFT rules with regards to financial institutions and related conduct of business.
- Tertiary degree in finance/legal studies and/or a post graduate qualification in AML
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience with a regulated financial services entity or with a local regulatory body ideally having previous background with an EMI
- Experience in handling law enforcement request & requests from external agencies would be beneficial
- Preference will be given to qualified candidates with industry experience
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Able to analyse situations for compliance, AML and business risk, and implement solutions to address and mitigate such risks
- Possess a high morale character and professional integrity
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly accurate
- Holds good leadership skills
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
What we offer:
Ongoing internal training
External training opportunities
Sponsorship schemes for further studies
Opportunities for career growth
Free health insurance
Employee referral incentive
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”