Accountant - Corporate Services (Fund Services)
CC Finance Group is a leading diversified financial services group that founded the Maltese financial services industry in 1971. We currently employ 200 people spread across 3 core business lines namely Investment services, Payment Services, and Fund administration services. CC Finance Group is considered to be a Fintech and an innovator in the B2C areas it operates. We believe in challenging the status quo and we aim for service excellence in everything we do.
Provision of corporate services, mainly (but not limited to) preparation of management accounts, book-keeping, and financial statements in accordance with IFRSs for a number of Collective Investment Schemes (CIS) and dealing with auditor’s queries during the annual audits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Training and delegating work to a team of accountants/financial statement preparers.
- Preparation and review of regulatory reporting, annual financial reports, and Annual Fund Returns.
- Liaising with investment managers, auditors, custodians & other fund service providers.
- Compliance with other financial statutory reporting requirements for CISs.
- Bookkeeping services to clients.
- Any other fund accounting-related duties as requested by senior management.
- Be the point of contact with auditors during the annual audit process and the Regulatory Bodies.
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns and tax returns if required (training will be provided).
Experience & Education Requirements
- Two to four years of progressively responsible experience in the accounting function, preferably in the financial services industry. Experience in accounting for Collective Investment Schemes will be considered an asset.
- Be in possession (or in the final stages) of an Accounting qualification, ACCA qualification, or similar.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal upfront guidance and take ownership of his / her work product.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet reporting deadlines.
- Be highly organised, proactive, and able to work on your own initiative.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Present a friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude.
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
What we offer:
Ongoing internal training
External training opportunities
Sponsorship schemes for further studies
Opportunities for career growth
Free health insurance
Employee referral incentive
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality
“The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”